On October 31st, the 2023 Women of Distinction and Inspirationnelle Awards ceremony took place, presented by the Women’s Y Foundation. It was co-chaired by Édith Cloutier, Regional President of Rogers Quebec and Chair of the Board of Directors of the Women’s Y Foundation, and Geneviève Cloutier, Compensation and Performance Partner at Normandin Beaudry.
During the event, a total of $244,305 was collected thanks to the generosity of the 265 attending guests, our partners, and our two hosts Théo-Dupuis Carbonneau (Editor-in-Chief of VÉRO Magazine) and Mélanie Loisel (Author and Community Relations Specialist). All proceeds from this event will benefit programs and services offered by the YWCA Montreal.
At the ceremony, 20 laureates were honoured for their accomplishments and their steadfast commitment to a more equal, inclusive, and non-violent society.
Business and Entrepreneurship
- Women of Distinction Award: Maxime Morin, Co-Founder of Rose Buddha
- Inspirationnelle Award: Claudie Lachapelle, Associate, Private Equity at Caisse de Dépôt et Placement du Québec
Art, Culture and Design
- Women of Distinction Award: Marie-Célie Agnant, Writer
- Inspirationnelle Awards: Ginger Le Pêcheur, Film Director
- Women of Distinction Award: Saôde Savary, Ph.D, Specialist in Environment, Health and Safety
- Inspirationnelle Award: Elsa Villefort, Executive Director, Citoyenneté Jeunesse
Environment and Sustainable Development
- Women of Distinction Award: Leïla Copti, President and Founder of Copticom
- Inspirationnelle Award: Claire Warmels, Project Manager at Génération climat Montréal
Information, Communication et Education
- Women of Distinction Award: Dre Virginie Francoeur, Writer and Professor
- Inspirationnelle Award: Florence-Olivia, Ph.D Candidate at the University of Durham Faculty of Law and Co-Founder of The Sis Official and Marie Emmanuelle Genesse, Ph.D. Candidate in law and domestic violence at Queen’s University and Co-Founder of The Sis
Research and Innovation
- Women of Distinction Award: Dr. Sylvie Belleville, Full Professor in Psychology at Université de Montréal and Research Director of the Institut Universitaire de Gériatrie de Montréal.
- Inspirationnelle Award: Anne Xuan-Lan Nguyen, Ophthalmology Resident at University of Toronto
- Women of Distinction Award: Manuelle Oudar, President and Chief Executive Officer at Commission des norms, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail (CNESST)
- Inspirationnelle Award: Sara Boubekri, Student in Medicine at Université de Montréal
Sports, Health, and Wellbeing
- Women of Distinction Award: Dr. Christine Pacheco, Cardiologist at Hôpital Pierre-Boucher and associate member of the University of Montreal Health Center
- Inspirationelle Award: Merveille Moungang Djifo, Student and Coordinator of the Neighborhood Table in Côte-des-Neiges
Three special awards (by nomination) were presented in the categories of Inspiration, Achievement, and the YWCA Montreal’s Coup de cœur.
- Inspiration Award: Léa Clermont-Dion, Director, Political Scientist, Author and Film maker
- Achievement Award: Gina Cody, Engineer, Business Leader, Philanthropist
- Coup de Cœur YWCA Montreal: Sascha Astles, Founder of Destination Dignitee : Design to Ignite Equity
- Laurent Ferreira, President and CEO of the National Bank of Canada
A sincere thank you…
The Foundation would like to thank its partners: Rogers Communications, Normandin Beaudry, L’Oréal Canada, Desjardins, Wells Fargo, Sun Life, Bell, la TD, Transcontinental, Ivanhoé Cambridge, Otéra Capital, KPMG, Groupe CH, Propriétés de Choix, Secrétariat à la condition féminine, Norcom, Cogeco, Planète Mobile, Sid Lee, TACT, GDI Services aux Immeubles, Cascade, Metro, le Cirque du soleil, Fasken, Lavery, Biron Groupe Santé, Samsung.
Submit your application for the Women of Distinction and Inspirationnelle Awards 2024
We’re looking for the future laureates of the Women of Distinction and Inspirationelle Awards. If you know any women who have distinguished themselves in their respective fields of endeavour, please let us know! We’ll get in touch with them right away so they can apply!