A prize for inspiring women
The Women of Distinction Award acknowledges women’s role in social advancement, because they celebrate women who, through their engagement and achievements in their respective fields, are making a long-lasting and positive impact on society. Further, to use their added social value to support the YWCA Montreal in its mission to help build a better world for women and girls.
This award is unique, particularly because of the diversity of the profile of its laureates.
The Women of Distinction Award of the Women’s Y Foundation aims to:
- Highlight the outstanding contribution of women whose paths, actions and influence contributed to the advancement of our society.
- Acknowledge commitment, the collaboration that amplifies scope of actions.
- Highlight inspiring role models for women and girls and reinforce the ability to take action.
7 categories and 2 special awards
The Women of Distinction Award is presented to women in one of the eleven categories, in addition to two special awards.
- Arts, Culture and Design
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Information and Education
- Public Services
- Research and Innovation
- Social and Environmental Engagement
- Sport and Health/Wellness
- Coup de Cœur YWCA Montreal Award
- Inspiration Award
YWCA Montreal Ambassador
Every woman recipient is involved by offering time, talent and expertise in her respective field, by becoming the YWCA Montreal Ambassador of one of our programs or services. Discover the laureates since 1994.
The Women of Distinction Awards are presented to the recipients during the Women of Distinction Awards Benefit Event. This evening also aims to raise funds for the YWCA Montreal, whose mission is to contribute in building a better future for women and girls.
Reward a woman who deserves it!
You know a woman who stands out from others? Nominate a candidate for the 25th Woman of Distinction Award!