Montreal, May 22, 2018 – The Women’s Y Foundation is proud to announce the laureates of the 2018 Women of Distinction Award, which will be presented on Tuesday, September 25th at Le Windsor. The 25th Women of Distinction Award event is under the honorary co-chairs of Mrs. Louise Champoux-Paillé, Certified Corporate Director, Anne-Marie Hubert, Managing Partner, Quebec at EY and Paula Keays, President of McKesson Canada.
The Women of Distinction Award aims to highlight women who, through their commitment and achievements in their respective fields, have had a positive and lasting impact on society. Through its added social value, it also aims to financially support the Women’s Y Foundation in its mission to help build a better future for women, girls and their families.
Seven (7) awards and two (2) special awards will be given to women selected by an independent jury from various sectors of activity. The ability to inspire and innovate, the impact of actions taken, the influence and effect on society, as well as the volunteer contribution are all criteria that the jury considers in the evaluation of candidacies.
Here are the names of the 25th Women of Distinction Awards laureates, who are inspiring role models for present and future generations:
- Business and Entrepreneurship : Natalie Voland, President of Quo Vadis Property Management;
- Arts, Culture and Design : Kim Thùy, Author and speaker;
- Arts, Culture and Design : Nadine St-Louis, Founder and Executive Director, Sacred Fire Productions;
- Social and Environmental Engagement: Chantale Arseneau, Professor in dietetic techniques, Collège de Maisonneuve;
- Information and Education : Mélanie Loisel, Author, speaker and engagement specialist;
- Innovation and Research : Heidi McBride, Canada Research Chair in Mitochondrial Cell Biology, professor, Montreal Neurological Institute, McGill University;
- Public Services: Sonia Lupien, Professor and Director, Université de Montréal, Centre for studies on human stress, Institut universitaire en santé mental de Montréal;
- Sports, Health and Wellness : Karine Champagne, Coach, speaker and Founder, Karine et ses Mères-Veilleuses.
Les prix spéciaux
- Coup de cœur YWCA Montreal : Strong Girls, Strong World comprise of Kathryn Beaudoin, Séréna Byrnes, Yixin Cao, Aisha Chaudhry, Mirona Maria Ciungara, Marine Coeurdassier, Léa Dubray, Margot François, Nejma Hamadi, Salma Jahdiel, Maya Khati, Ysé Lavergne, Léa Normandin, Maria Sadikov, Maya Warwick-Brunelle;
- Coup de cœur YWCA Montreal : Sandra Miserez, Former participant of the Women’s Work Integration program;
- Prix Inspiration : Michèle Audette, Commissioner, National Inquiry into Murdered and Missing Indigenous Women and girls.
A new concept for the 25th anniversary of the Women of Distinction Award
The Women’s Y Foundation is proud to unveil a brand new concept. This concept will translate into a series of workshops and conferences offered in the afternoon, where guests will witness inspiring, moving and enriching speeches. In short, a new formula that seeks to stimulate interactions between guests and panelists from various sectors. This event will close with a cocktail-dinner where the Women of Distinction Awards laureates will receive their awards.
Source and tickets reservation : Sonia Wong
Fondation Y des femmes
Media Relations : Emmanuelle Rouillard Moreau